Singapore’s Millennials as “Eye” See It
‘Insights into Eyesight’ survey was done in 2015, 507 Singapore Millennials between the age of 21-35 were interviewed to understand their lifestyle aspirations and the impact of vision on living an active lifestyle. Here are some highlights of the survey:
Three out of four millennials blame poor vision for inconveniences faced in their daily life, affecting work and study
92% cite convenience as reasons for wanting laser vision correction
Most millennials want an active sporting lifestyle without the burden of spectacles and lenses
The survey gave a glimpse into the kind of active and sporting lifestyle the millennials aspired to most, without the hassle of spectacles and contact lenses:
- 86% want to pursue water sports such as swimming, surfing and sailing
- 80% want to go hiking, cycling or jogging;
- 79% want to travel;
- 78% want adventurous activities such as bungee jumping or rock climbing; and
- 75% just want to play ball: football, basketball, etc.
- 93% of those surveyed who underwent laser vision correction said it improved their overall life experiences at work and in their career, as well as brightening their dating prospects.